[pmwiki-users] Search for terms with ss and ß

Hans Bracker design at softflow.uk
Tue Feb 7 06:53:00 PST 2023

now released as new update
https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract

I updated the documentation, with a note to recommend use of UnaccentUTF8
in conjunction with TextExtract

In the script, to switch behaviour according if utf8 support is installed, I used
a call to function_exists('utf8string'), I did not see a variable for this.

        //check if we got utf8, for setting /u modifier for search pattern
        if (function_exists('utf8string'))  $opt['utf8'] = 1;

To be honest, I do not know if I should be using the /u modifier in any of the preg calls. It seems to work fine without it.

~Hans