[pmwiki-users] Search for terms with ss and ß

Hans Bracker design at softflow.uk
Mon Feb 6 02:30:25 PST 2023

> You might fold the line, and match that to the folded search terms.

Yes, that will get me results, but the output with highlighted text is quite ugly for German,
because all accents and all German Umlaute are folded, and the user sees the folded text, not the original.

By preserving the original matched lines for  the results display it looks fairly decent, all accents are preserved,  but my highlight function will not match the words with Umlauts. I get the lines, without the highlighting.  How to match 'Baer' to 'Bär'? Which was what I wondered in my previous message.

cheers,
Hans