[pmwiki-users] Install with modules

Johan Bengtsson elijah at chalmers.se
Wed Apr 5 05:36:39 PDT 2023

In the release notes for 2.3.19 you talk about adding the possibility to add recipes through "Modules".
Would it be possible to add recipes without having access to the webserver?

Where I work we now have two smaller webplatforms, pmwiki & wordpress.
They are set up like this:
-no access to the server for users
-wp users get an admin account for the wp instance

So pmwiki users cannot install any recipes or skins by themselves which is:
-good - they can't screw things up
-bad - means a lot of work for admin when doing the initial setup.

wp users can install plugins & themes themselves which is:
-good - much less work for sysadmin during inital setup
-bad - they can install crappy insecure plugins etc...

I think the ideal solution for our site would be if users could install recipes themselves
via the wiki interface. As a sysadmin I would like to limit what kind of recipes they could
install, to set a limit like "only stable recipes, only PHP8 compatible, only responsive skins..."

-Johan Bengtsson