[pmwiki-users] New warnings with php 8.1.2

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jan 26 08:29:01 PST 2022

Absolutely, there will be a version 2.3.2 with corrections.

Thanks for your report. I have PHP 8.1.2 on Ubuntu but for some reason
it didn't show this warning even with error_reporting(E_ALL),
display_errors and track_errors enabled.

Anyway, I know what causes this, and I have fixed if for PmWiki 2.3.2,
due in a few days.

This precise warning is indeed caused by a change in PHP where
previously it treated undefined variables or null as an empty string,
now it complains that these are undefined. The "@" before the variable
that previously suppressed the warnings is no longer enough.

The fix I use is to wrap the possibly undefined variable with strval(),
it makes it behave like it did before.

You can get the pre-release, or even only the files that changed since
2.3.1, from the top of the page Changelog:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog

Please test it and let me know if you encounter other problems.

Petko

--
PmWeekly Blog  :  http://www.pmwiki.org/News
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades