[pmwiki-users] Pagelist using random argument : needed to disallow IMS caching

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 20:30:07 PST 2022

Hello,

For a pagelist showing 10 articles, randomly chosen (order=random), I
have had to disallow IMScaching setting (for the page only) ; if not,
refreshing the page would print out the same result every time it is
refreshed (that means that only the first access would have given the
expected result : in this case, I wanted to let the user to be given
10 more randomized articles every time he refreshes the page).

I first tried ?action=browse to force a refresh as well as pagelist
argument cache=0, with no success. Finally, disallowing IMScaching
seems to be the right step.

My question is : am I right, is that the regular behaviour ?

Thank you,
Gilles.