[pmwiki-users] Syntax use of %style=margin-left:50px%{=$:Version}

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Sep 10 09:37:25 PDT 2021

About:

   %style="margin-left:50px%

This is not a valid wikistyle, you probably need:

   %margin-left=50px% text %% or

   %bloc margin-left=50px%

About:

   %style="margin-left:50px%"

When you use quotes (not in this invalid case, but in others), the
closing quote needs to be before the closing % for example:

   %p padding="2em 5em" border="4px dotted red"% text

Indeed these are somewhat complex to set and to maintain. Myself I would
make a CSS class in pmwiki/pub/css/local.css and use the classname in
the wikistyle instead of the actual code.

For example, in local.css:

   .myclassname { margin-left:50px; }

On the wiki:

   %myclassname% text %% or