[pmwiki-users] pagelist with RecentChanges trail : how to get rid of deleted pages which are listed ?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Oct 24 01:54:50 PDT 2021

The most efficient should be this:

   (:pagelist group=Main trail=Main.RecentChanges if="exists
{=$FullName}":)

group=Main is recommended if your pages are all from the same group.

I just found out that the "exists" conditional can be optimized a lot,
especially when called multiple times from a pagelist. This will be
released in the next version in a few days.

One other note, the "exists" conditional is case insensitive, like the
"name" and "group" conditionals, but unlike "match". This means if we
test for deleted pages "Wikisandbox" and "WikiSandBox", but there is the
correct page "WikiSandbox", it will return true:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/CondExists2

I wouldn't want to change the current state and risk breaking existing
wikis relying on the case insensitivity, but in your situation this can
be clearly wrong.

I'll have to think about what to do. Possibly adding a new conditional
for "case-sensitive exists" or a way to configure the current one to be
case sensitive. Let's think about it.

Petko

--
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades