[pmwiki-users] Issues with Custom Fonts, Font Awesome, HTML

Jamie Ward info at theskybluegroup.co.uk
Sat Jan 16 14:16:02 PST 2021

Hi,

I’d like to be able to display symbols (PS4 or Xbox controller buttons) within my Wiki pages.

On web pages, I use a custom font and font-face script.

I could find no documentation at all about custom fonts, so looked for some workarounds.

The first thing I could was using Font Awesome within PMWiki - which would satisfy (https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FontAwesome)

However I followed the very simple instructions carefully, and it did not work, after several hours testing I gave up.

The issue there was if you take the code it wants to use to implement, <i class="fa fa-info-circle"></I> , then PMWiki just shows the code.

I tried surrounding it like so (div: <i class="fa fa-info-circle"></I>:)(:divend) - still didn’t work. Neither did (html:

Then I tried to use both EnableHTML, and ConvertHTML to make PMWiki read that code <i class="fa fa-info-circle"></I>

These threw up config errors, and although people had published later code for different versions of PHP, none of those worked.

And they all seemed to be from 2008-2014. Is all of this functionality deprecated and no longer supported? Or am I being really dense?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie