[pmwiki-users] Swapping $WikiTitle, $Group, $Title

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue May 12 07:35:49 PDT 2020

I would not recommend editing a core skin, you should copy the skin
directory to a new name say "pmwiki/pub/skins/myskin", make your changes
to the new skin and set the $Skin variable accordingly.

Alternatively, there is a way to inject a small JavaScript that can
rewrite the document title:

   $HTMLFooterFmt['rewrite-title'] = '<script>
     document.title = document.title.replace(/^([^|]*)\|([^|]*)/, "$2 |
$1");
     </script>';

This will only work when JavaScript is enabled in the browser;
thankfully most of today's search engine bots do have JavaScript
enabled.

This should also work when you are in ?action=edit and the title looks
like

   WikiTitle | Main / WikiSandbox | Edit

will become
   Main / WikiSandbox | WikiTitle | Edit