[pmwiki-users] New recipe: RotatePicture

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jan 17 11:41:08 PST 2020

I've published a new recipe that can easily rotate already uploaded
pictures:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RotatePicture

This recipe can show a list of the attached pictures and links to rotate
them left, right or upside down.

This can be useful if your digital camera or smartphone saves the photos
in the physical orientation of the sensor, and only adds an EXIF
"Orientation" tag.

Desktop file browsers and image viewers, and native phone gallery apps
usually rotate these pictures for display, so you don't always know that
the picture is saved sideways or upside down.

OTOH most browsers don't rotate the pictures in a web page, and neither
do thumbnail generators like ThumbList and Mini. Users can be
unpleasantly surprised when they upload a picture and it is not
straight. Without the right tools it is often a pain to straighten them
up, especially on a mobile device, and to re-upload them.

We talked about this here a while ago, and now I wrote this for a new
client.

Petko

--
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades