[pmwiki-users] Any way to get page counts with breaks based on a PTV?

Christopher Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Mon Nov 11 12:14:41 PST 2019

Consider the following template and assume a SysUser group with pages of
users having the PTVs: department, name and active.

[[#test1]]
(:template defaults order=$:department:)
(:template first {=$:department}:)

Users in {=$:department}
(:template each:)
(:if equal {=$:active} true:)
* [[{=$FullName}|{=$:name}]]
(:ifend:)
(:template last {=$:department}:)
{=$:department} contains ???? pages.
[[#test1end]]

My question is if there's any way to get establish a counter that is
zeroed for each new department and can be referenced in the "last" where
I have the ????.

I know there are counters for pages and groups.  Here, it's the same
group, and I want a counter that I can set somehow based on the PTV
change.  Possible?

Ultimately, I'm hoping to use such things to generate pie charts (in
case you wondering).

Department  Count
IT          3
Accounting  5
etc..

Yes, I know I can do this with lots of individual pagelists, just trying
to see if there was a more efficient way.