[pmwiki-users] Problems with PmWiki & PHP 7.2

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Sun May 5 20:14:01 PDT 2019

Thank you Petko, again I appreciate the help..

Here as best as I can is a report.

Replaced rssdisplay, including magpie. That introduced 2 new error lines
(seen on Opera but not Firefox), but read on.

Updated pagetoc.php (which made the new error lines mentioned above
disappear) and pmfeed.php, per your recommendation. Good news is that the
error message concerning line 497 is gone. However, no change in the error
message that fills the screen (in Opera & Firefox). That again is:

*Warning*: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use
preg_replace_callback instead in
*/misc/32/000/115/128/8/user/web/donosborn.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
<http://donosborn.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php>* on line *1790*

Went through https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/PHP72, but didn't see
sectionedit.php, which I also have. I updated that to the 2017 version.
(Yes I see there is a lot of reciepe updating that I should have been doing
all along). But again, no change in the line 1790 error message.

All scripts are up to date, and so, of course, is pmwiki.php

I'll try to make another run at it, but any further thoughts would be
welcome.

Don Osborn