[pmwiki-users] Default NavBar on new Group-Pages.

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Feb 14 02:02:51 PST 2019

On 14/02/2019 01:25, Kirk Siqveland wrote:
> My design is intended to work well with groups, and once everything is
> built it works nicely.  I know that if there is not a Group Specific
> SideBar the system uses the Site.SideBar.

The current version of that skin wouldn't use Group.SideBar, because in
the template it only tests for Site.SideBar:

   <!--wiki:$SiteGroup.SideBar-->

If you want the skin to load the current group if it exists, you need to
change this line to:

   <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar $SiteGroup.SideBar-->

> Is there a way for me to add my NavBar and my Right SideBar (I call it
> GroupBar) to this feature so whenever a new group is created the pages
> are still navigable with a phone or tablet?

If you want to use the same feature as the SideBar (having a Site.NavBar
included if there is no Group.NavBar) you can use the same markup in the
template:

   <!--wiki:$Group.NavBar $SiteGroup.NavBar-->

In Site.NavBar you may place a link to create the Group.NavBar this way:

   [[{*$Group}.NavBar?action=edit|edit local nav bar]]

Here {*$Group} will always mean the currently browsed group, while
{$Group} without the star will mean the Site group (where Site.NavBar
belongs).

If you want to automatically create the pages, this is more complex, and
probably the skin is not its place. See the recipe NewGroupBox which can
create a number of pages.

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NewGroupBox

Petko