[pmwiki-users] Have found files named : core.XXX

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Nov 16 11:38:50 PST 2018

These are core dumps, when the PHP process has crashed.

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_dump

It sometimes happens when a search returns far too many results and the
process runs out of time or out of memory (on a shared hosting plan a
lack of memory or CPU time may happen because of someone other than
you).

If you don't have hundreds of these per day you can delete them.

Petko