[pmwiki-users] PmWiki pre-release ready for testing for PHP 5 and 7

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Aug 20 15:28:44 CDT 2017

Hello,

If you can spare some time, you can test the next PmWiki version before
it is released next month:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki-devel/pmwiki-latest-svn.zip
    svn://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/trunk

Have backups.

Today I've committed a lot of code for the future PHP 7.2 compatibility,
many changes to markup rules and to core functions (500+ lines of code
added or changed).

Everything that worked before, all customizations, should continue to
work now as well, without any changes to your configuration or recipes.
The changes only affect the core markups and patterns. If your custom
installation uses core functions, they should continue to work like
before.

I may have missed some rule(s). It will be great if you could install
this version on your wikis and report if there is anything that doesn't
seem to work as you'd expect.

This version should work without problems on PHP 5.1 to 7.2. If it
doesn't, or if you still run a production PHP4.x version, please let me
know of any problems so I could fix them.

I plan to release 2.2.103 in the next 3 to 5 weeks.

The current code changes are needed for PmWiki to work with PHP 7.2 (not
yet released) and later, while staying compatible with older PHP 5
versions, and old custom installations (addons, recipes, configuration).
We are also in the process of reviewing and updating Cookbook recipes
and skins for PHP 7.2, already 120+ are php72-ready. You can follow this
development at http://www.pmwiki.org/News .

If you have any questions or difficulties, or ideas for improvements,
please contact me.

The pre-release version is now live at pmwiki.org: you can add wiki
markup in the Test group to demonstrate eventual bugs.

Petko

P.S. Thanks Hans for your suggestions and observations.
--
PmWeekly Blog  :  http://www.pmwiki.org/News
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades