[pmwiki-users] Unable to edit any page - edit page appears instead of save

Alex alexware at szokesandor.hu
Fri Jan 22 00:04:49 CST 2016

Dear Everybody,

I found that at my provider the following php functions are disabled
(among others):

popen, passthru

These are used by Simuledit.php, but could this cause that I can no
longer edit pages?

How to work around this?
I tried the following advices/cookbooks without any success:
 - http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimultaneousEdits
 - http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01292

The first gave me the mentioned high number of error messages.
Could someone patch it to work in php 5.4.45?

On my Win7 server, why this is working without that diff3 command?
Or at least how it prevent save of the pages?

TIA

Alex