[pmwiki-users] Recipe to create pandom pages stopped working on pmwiki.org - caching issue?

StefCT stefct4 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 06:05:49 CST 2016

Hi,

In the section "Create new template based page with random name" within
my recipe "Template Markup Tricks" I show a way to create new PmWiki
pages with random names (using timestamps and random numbers):

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TemplateMarkupTricks#RandomPageName

However, I've noticed that this doesn't work (anymore) on www.pmwiki.org
(while it still works fine with all my own PmWiki installations).

On pmwiki.org, whenever I reload the recipe page, I get a link to the
same random new page and not - as intended - to a new one (using a new
timestamp and a new random number).

I've noticed that the issue is fixed by deleting PmWiki's cookie
"imstime" from my browser. Therefore I guess this is due to the variable
"$EnableIMSCaching" being enabled on pmwiki.org
(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DebugVariables#EnableIMSCaching).

Is this correct? In this case, I should probably add a note to my recipe.

Is there any way to fix this with standard PmWiki markup (without making
any changes to the server)?

Kind regards,

Stef