[pmwiki-users] Multiple checkboxes

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Sep 21 18:12:23 CDT 2015

There has been a change in May allowing setting and posting multiple
checkboxes in some cases. See how to use it here:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01032

I believe Fox was also updated to handle those.

The current way to do this would be to set multiple default values,
separated by spaces, like:

your PageTextVariable (PTV):
(:Hobby:Travels Music:)

in the form:
(:input default $:Hobby[] {$:Hobby}:)

(:input checkbox $:Hobby[] Travels:) Travels
(:input checkbox $:Hobby[] Photography:) Photography
(:input checkbox $:Hobby[] Music:) Music

No need to have (:if matchstring...:).

Note that a PTV cannot set multiple-checkboxes directly with (:input
default source={$FullName}:), as there is no PTV "$:Hobby[]" with
brackets, the PTV is "$:Hobby". That's why I set a default value as an
intermediate step: (:input default $:Hobby[] {$:Hobby}:)

At the time I asked people to test and report any problems, and for
ideas how to handle things, this is still possible.

Petko

--
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog
Release notes  :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes