[pmwiki-users] formatting title markup directive

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 15:58:19 CDT 2015

> The (:title ...:) markup sets the content in the <title>...</title> tags
> in the HTML page, and usually appears in the browser top border and on
> the tabs; just note that this content cannot have other HTML tags, and
> any hack or solution you use should probably remove any added tags from
> the <title> string. You should estimate if the resulting string in the
> browser border is acceptable for you.

> If not, I'd probably use two different markups, one for the <title>
> text, the other for the <h1> text.

thanks for your explanations!
Yes I removed the added inline tags when setting $HTMLTitle in config.
Otherwise they appear as text in the HTML Title.

Two different markups for HTML title and h1 "title" is a bit too
complex, as it most likely means changes to the skin template.
So a custom title markup which gets evaluated after inline rules,
and a $HTMLTitle which has added HTML tags removed is proving to work
well, and not messing up other pages.

Best regards,
 Hans