[pmwiki-users] PageList vs WikiForm for multi-line variables

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sat Oct 3 18:38:57 CDT 2015

This may not be a good answer, but it may be an answer.

In the wikiform entry screen, try using the following markup in the
Abstract field:

The first line of the abstract. :+ The second line of the abstract. :+ The
third line of the abstract.

In the view template, this should produce the following HTML:

That is, each line should present as a separate paragraph in the display.

Then, the pagelist template should correctly pick up the whole field for
the ptv.

The code to interpret :+ in this way is part of the markup extensions recipe.

Hope this helps.

JR

> Thanks for your answer. The problem with the solutions discussed in the
> 2006 thread is that i have to stick to the WikiForm syntax to define page
> text variables, in particular, the (:...:) way seems not possible.
>
> Ciao,
> Thierry
>

> On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 10:25:51PM +0200, ABClf wrote:
>> To my knowledge, this :ptv: is not multiline
>> (see
>> http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2006-September/033404.html)
>>
>> It might be possible (not by me though) to rewrite the :ptv: regex to
>> get the result you are expecting (but, how to treat the last
>> occurence, when there is not anymore :ptv: ?)

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > i am using pmwiki to manage various things for a while now and, well,
>> > thanks a lot for this great tool!
>> >
>> > I encountered a problem that i was not able to fix by myself: i am
>> using
>> > WikiForm to let the users create pages that define some page text
>> > variables automatically. In particular, one of the variables is named
>> > 'Abstract', and the corresponding entry in the FormTemplate is
>> >
>> > :Abstract:abstract (text=10*62)
>> >
>> > so that the user can enter a small multi-lines text, not a single line
>> > (and the ViewTemplate understands that well).
>> >
>> > In my PageList template, i want to list those pages according to some
>> > variables (e.g. "Date", "Room", ...) and also print the content of the
>> > "Abstract" variable, so i am using "{=$:Abstract}" in the
>> > PageListTemplates.
>> >
>> > The problem is that, PageList only prints the first line of the
>> abstract,
>> > since, unlike WikiForm, it probably considers that only what is on the
>> > same line that "^:Abstract:" is the content of the "Abstract"
>> variable,
>> > not the following lines.
>> >
>> > My question is: how to let PageList understand that the content of the
>> > "Abstract" field is all the lines that appear between ":Abstract:" and
>> the
>> > definition of the next variable in the page ?
>> >
>> > Ciao,
>> > Thierry

John Rankin