[pmwiki-users] Trouble with .pageindex when too much _new_ data to index (+ sqlite)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jan 28 20:21:53 CST 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 08:11:28PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Lastly, you may be able to force PageIndexUpdates without doing a search at all.
> Create a local/Site.Site.php script with the following:
> [...]

Actually, after reviewing the code, the Site.Site.php script I suggested
probably won't work, it'll just re-index the same pages over and over again.

So, let me revise my previous email, and suggest each of the following things to try:

#1:  Try doing link= requests to rebuild the .pageindex.  Try the following searches:

        Word/ link=Word.RecentChanges
        Quote/ link=Quote.RecentChanges

#2:  Try rebuilding the .pageindex using search requests of only one group at a time:

        Word/ text
        Quote/ text

#3:  Try increasing the amount of time PmWiki has to perform searches -- in local/config.php, add

        set_time_limit(90);   # wait 90 seconds to time out

Let me know which (if any) of the above work.  Then I should be able to make other suggestions to improve the (re)building of your .pageindex whenever you need it done.