[pmwiki-users] HG & ViewPDF problem

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jan 28 10:35:11 CST 2015

On 2015-01-28 13:27, 123_dirk at web.de wrote:
> when i started with PmWik (2009) i, i have made my Page with a self
> made subpage system.
>  But every time i make a update, i have to merge my code into PmWiki.

PmWiki was designed to avoid this kind of problems, almost everything is
configurable so you should never have to modify core files and merge
your changes on upgrade. If the function or hook or switch you can use
to override the core PageStore class is underdocumented, we can help
you, just ask.

> So i decided to switch to the HG markup
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Hg).
>  I'm Using clean URL as well.
>  Every thing works perfectly, only the ViewPDF markup
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ViewPDF) is making trouble.
>  I always get Errors about that PmWiki can't proceed.
>  When i print the File path from inside the ViewPDF function i see
> something like "www.test.com/PmWiki.php?uploads/Test/dummy.pdf".
>  This path is of course wrong it has to be
> "www.test.com/uploads/Test/dummy.pdf".
> But i don't know what i have to change.

I never used or reviewed either one of these recipes.

When you write [[Attach:dummy.pdf]] in the Test page, do you get a
correct link allowing you to download the file with the browser? If not,
the $UploadUrlFmt may be incorrectly set or detected. In this case, you
can define the correct value in config.php:

    $UploadUrlFmt = "/uploads"; # or "http://www.test.com/uploads"

If the Attach: link works but the pdf link doesn't, it is possible that
one of the recipes messes with it. I hope the maintainers of the recipe
can help.

Petko