[pmwiki-users] including external images

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Nov 11 09:48:18 CST 2014

On 11.11.2014 16:27, jdd wrote:
> I have in my pmwiki many links to images in my own gallery (piwigo).
>
> The only, but non trivial, problem is that I may have from time to
> time to change the gallery setup, and  this set up happen also to
> change with gallery updates.
>
> So I would like better to have these photos included directly in
> piwigo (Attach like)
>
> * is there an "Attach..." syntax that allows pmwiki to download the
> image instead of linking to it?

Do you mean copy the external picture to the uploads/Group directory?

No.

> * is there somewhere a script (I have my own server) that could do the
> same for any given pmwiki page?

You may be able to do on the server something like this:

   ln -s 20130307-articles ~/pmwiki/uploads/Travaux

A third option is to define InterMap prefixes to the external gallery
and use these in your pages. If your external gallery changes, you
simply update the Site.InterMap page.

Petko