[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 107, Issue 8

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue May 20 23:38:57 CDT 2014

I've been using the URL rewriting method on many sites for many years.

Here is an example .htaccess file that may work for you:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^$       /wiki/pmwiki.php  [QSA,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\x80-\xFF].*)$ /wiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]

This is like the Example 2 on the CleanUrls page, modified to match your
directory name (wiki instead of pmwiki) and your lack of index.php file.

And, in config.php, set these variables:

# set clean urls hear.beckman.illinois.edu/Courses/ECE537
$EnablePathInfo = 1;
$ScriptUrl = 'http://hear.beckman.illinois.edu';

## uncomment below if skins/attached files seem broken
# $FarmPubDirUrl = $PubDirUrl = 'http://hear.beckman.illinois.edu/wiki/pub';
# $UploadUrlFmt = 'http://hear.beckman.illinois.edu/wiki/uploads';

Petko