[pmwiki-users] Default Skin Without Tables

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 1 15:26:52 CDT 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:
> H. Fox writes:
>>

> Great. By cross-linking I meant to also place links on the other pages to
> your page, if you like.

Done.

Now all three recipes cross-link to one another.

>> > which try to achieve the same goal.
>>
>> Similar goal:
>> Remove the table.
>>
>> Slightly different goal:
>> Remove the table very carefully in a manner that results in a skin
>> that could be used as the default skin.
>
> Sorry, English is my third language so thanks for correcting me - indeed,
> "similar" goal. :-)

Your skill at crafting words in English is beyond that of most
native-English speakers.

I only wanted to clarify the purpose for this specific table-less
skin. It's not quite the same as the others because the skin.tmpl and
skin.css files deliberately could be renamed and distributed with the
default skin.

As someone who's perhaps uniquely familiar with the PmWiki Skin's
design goals and implementation, I think it's time to finally make the
default skin a (HTML-)tableless one. Content semantics will be
improved at a small cost of browser compatibily.

Discussion on that topic belongs on the pmwiki-devel list, so I've
posted a message there.

Hagan