[pmwiki-users] Images in included pages

Lars Eighner surname at larseighner.com
Sat Jul 12 14:19:35 CDT 2014

On Sat, 12 Jul 2014, ABClf wrote:

> Not sure there is an easier way now than before :
> http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2013-September/061525.html
>
> How can I include a page from another group that contains an attached image?
>>
>> Include the page in the normal way, ie (:include GroupName.Pagename:). In
>> the page to be included (that contains the image) change
>> Attach:filename.ext to Attach:{$Group}./filename.ext.
>>

> This is a bit disappointing, especially given the existence of the
> "basepage" parameter for the (:include:) markup.

The image does not actually have to be moved or uploaded again.  The
attach reference in the source page has to have the explicit group name.

That is to say, all that has to change is the source page.  It is a pain if
you have to change many source pages because, for example, you want to
include a page in its talk page, but it is not impossible to do this in a
large group of pages with a perl one-liner or too.  It is always much better
(for future reference) to be explicit about where you want images to go (and
change any templates that have attach patterns in them.  This is not the
only case in which being explicit with attachments is useful/necessary.

>> Hello everyone
>>
>> I have a question about the use of images.
>>
>> I have a page, with an attached image. When I view this page directly the
>> image is shown correctly. When I include this page in another page (also in
>> another group) all I see is "Attach:imagename" with the upload triangle.
>>
>> original page: group A.page A
>> this page is included in group B.page B
>>
>> What do I need to change to see the image also in page B?
>> Is this perhaps a bug?
>>
>> I save my uploads in a directory per page ($UploadPrefixFmt='/$Group/$
>> Name)
>> pmwiki version 2.2.66 on Opensuse Linux with Apache (all updates for
>> Opensuse applied)
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Peter Schwegler
>>
>> ---
>> Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast!
>> Antivirus-bescherming actief is.

Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html
8800 N IH35 APT 1191 AUSTIN TX 78753-5266