[pmwiki-users] Page text variables and PmForm

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Fri Feb 7 23:55:57 CST 2014

Is there any way to prevent a user from entering a page text variable when inputting text via PmForm? (It would also be nice to know how to prevent some specific {(markup expressions)} from being entered via PmForm, although I don't need to do that yet.)

I need to block PTVs from being entered via PmForm because as far as I can tell, PmForm is using the first PTV it finds on the page, while PmWiki is using the last.  For example:

PTV1: PmForm uses this first line for PTV1
PTV1: PmWiki uses this last line for PTV1

I'm hoping there's a way to fix this without modifying the PmForm recipe, but I imagine I have to customize the script. I've looked at the script, but it's not clear to me what it's doing.

Which lines would I change? Also, what regular expression would accomplish my goal of replacing "PTV1:" at the beginning of a line with "PTV :" (that is, add a space between the word and the colon)?

Randy