[pmwiki-users] Category nesting question

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sat Feb 1 14:42:31 CST 2014

One thing being overlooked for nesting is a top-level link.

on Appetizers, link to [[!Category]]
on Breakfast, link to [[!Category]]

Now when you add Category.GroupHeader of:

Recipes:
(:pagelist link={$FullName} fmt=#titlespaced list=normal group=!Category:)
----
Subcategories:
(:pagelist link={$FullName} fmt=#category list=normal group=Category:)

& a Site/LocalTemplates including:

!!fmt=#category

Outputs nested categories.

[@
(:if false:)
[[#category]]
(:template defaults wrap=none:)
*[[{=$FullName}|{=$Titlespaced}]] (:pagelist link={=$FullName} fmt=#category list=normal order=title group=Category:)
[[#categoryend]]
(:ifend:)
@]

You will see the top-level categories on the Category.Category page, and all nested categories under any other category page.

I recently had a problem doing a recursive listing of nested categories (see my recent pmwiki-users email about wrap issues).
Here's the page where you can see the issue: http://holistichv.org/Category/Category

If you do the same thing WITHOUT the pagecount, you should be fine.  I removed the pagecount from the pagelist template for you.

Funnily, I did the right thing & submitted a PITS about it this morning (PITS:1336), but it's gone.  Perhaps it was rolled into another bug report, but I can't find it.  I'm starting to think that Recent Changes pages need to contain information on deleted pages.

Crisses