[pmwiki-users] FoxContacts does not seem to empty fields

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Fri Aug 22 15:59:05 CDT 2014

I'm trying to build something based (also) on Fox and particularly FoxContacts.
I noticed though an odd behaviour when trying to update fields values:
they are changed with no effort but there seems to be no way to bring
them back to an empty condition.
While one could "cheat" by leaving just a blank space in the field,
this is a "dirty" solution. Also, problems might arise should some
condition be applied to the page (example, check if the field is
empty).
Same problem with selects.
After some tests on my install, quite convinced that it was my own
fault, I then found just the same problem on Hans' demo [1] which
makes me think there could be a "bug" to be solved perhaps.

Thanks!

Luigi

----
[1] http://softflow.co.uk/design/FoxContacts/FoxContacts