[pmwiki-users] Centering a fixed width page

StefCT stefct4 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 13:34:15 CDT 2014

Hi Randy,

On 08/04/2014 05:13 AM, Randy Brown wrote:
> I have a fixed width skin that I based on PmWiki's default skin, after making some changes to it. Not knowing enough html, I haven't figured out how to center my page between the left and right edges of the window. PmWiki's default skin doesn't have that problem, because it's not fixed width. I know that some other skins do centering, but the couple I've looked at also seem to do lots of other things. Does anyone know a simple way to center a fixed width page, or else is there a skin that already exists that is very close to PmWiki's default skin but that does what I want?

You might want to take a look at http://hack.nylug.org including
http://hack.nylug.org/pub/skins/hackws/pmwiki.css. It's a quickly hacked
version of the default PmWiki skin which I created years ago (seems as
if I even forgot to change the notes in the header...).

If I recall it right, the crucial part is in the #wholepage CSS class.
To make this work I added <div id='wholepage'> after <body> at the
beginning and </div> before </body> at the end of the template.

--StefCT