[pmwiki-users] blank line at start of html output

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Apr 27 20:52:40 CDT 2014

On 27/04/14 9:51 PM, Petko Yotov wrote:

>> it's not

>> line and
>> >
>> > PmWiki doesn't insert a blank first line. Such lines are sometimes
>> > inserted
>> > by recipe which contain a closing ?> PHP tag followed by a new
>> line. In
>> > this
>> > case, the backup_pages.php recipe inserts this new line.
>> >
>> > It is recommended to remove the closing ?> tag from all scripts, see:
>> >
>> >   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DesignNotes
>>
>> Ah, thank you.
>>
>> However, I checked and include url doesn't have a closing ?> tag. I
>> can't
>> see what this script is doing that could generate an empty first
>> line. My
>> user has tested this with and without includeurl -- on his system, it
>> causes an empty first line.
>
> I didn't write that includeurl causes this, I wrote that
> backup_pages.php causes this.
OK, I asked the user to re-test this (cc'd) and he tells me that both
the backup and includeurl scripts independently cause a blank line at
the start of the html and wikibook xml output. However, I have installed
includeurl on a test system and am unable to replicate the problem.

I'm waiting to hear the result of removing the closing ?> from the
backup script, but I'm at a loss as to how to proceed with includeurl,
given that I can't reproduce the behaviour.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

JR

--
John Rankin