[pmwiki-users] noleft in SiteHeader suppresses leftbar except for page-actions (mostly)

michael paulukonis xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 07:49:11 CDT 2013

In this particular case, I'm _not_ using the left-content. It's being
suppressed by a (:noleft:) in the header.
Which is why I'm surprised when left-content appears during edits, etc.

I don't want to remove the left-content from the skin, because it's not a
skin-thing, it's a header thing.
Particularly, the main-content is set to a particular width.
If the left-content is suppressed, the size of the main-content needs to
change (the class changes, in this case).
I'm handling this with a custom no-left markup.

In my current case, I do want to suppress left-conent site-wide, but I have
a use-case where I would want to surpress it on the group-level.

Using SetTmplDisplay() in the skin would not allow left-content display to
be user-configurable, nor allow dynamic changing of main-content width.

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
<http://goog_2112721603>Interference Patterns (a
blog)<http://www.xradiograph.com%5Cinterference>