[pmwiki-users] Nofollow in external URLS

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 21 08:31:46 CDT 2013

Because comment spam, wiki spam, and blog spam have been such large
problems in the past, I prefer PmWiki's current default of rel=nofollow.
This makes more sense given that PmWiki defaults to an open editing
model (i.e., a wiki) when it is first installed.

The config already makes it possible to disable/enable rel=nofollow as
desired by setting $UrlLinkFmt:

    # remove rel=nofollow
    $UrlLinkFmt =
      "<a class='urllink' href='\$LinkUrl' title='\$LinkAlt'>\$LinkText</a>";

Pm