[pmwiki-users] Missing recipe?

Ian MacGregor ardchoille42 at me.com
Sat Oct 12 17:12:21 CDT 2013

There used to be a cookbook recipe at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SkinChange but that page now redirects to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Skins/SkinChange

I had used the Cookbook/SkinChange recipe and I liked it but I can't seem to find it now. It allowed users to choose from a list of site skins so different users could use different skins on the same site.

Example:
Carol could use a dark blue skin with a sidebar (<!--wiki:Site.SideBar-->) included in the layout.

Adam could use a bright skin without a sidebar but have a menu bar (<!--wiki:Site.NavBar-->) under the $WikiTitle.

Tim could use a skin that had a three column layout.

All three users using separate skins on the same site. I have designed many PmWiki skins and would like to allow my visitors to have this ability.

Can this recipe be reinstated for those of us who want to use it? I felt it was a very nice recipe and am at a loss as to why it disappeared. It was much easier to use than the current Skins/SkinChange.

Regards,
Rev. Ian MacGregor
http://www.ianmacgregor.net