[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.2.56 released

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Oct 1 12:41:16 CDT 2013

Oliver Betz writes:
> is pmwiki.php UTF8-encoded intentionally?

An international character is needed to test if the PHP installation
contains a bug with the iconv() function, in which case PmWiki will use
another function(s) to convert wiki source content to and from UTF-8 when
it has to.

> If it's needed (lines 967, 968), will a non-UTF8-system handle it
> without problems?

It should handle it without problems - these bytes are also valid ISO-8859-1
and Windows-1252 streams, but in case it doesn't, I encoded the
international character "Я" to it's byte codes "\xd0\xaf". The current pre-
release can be downloaded from the subversion page if someone needs it and
cannot wait for version 2.2.57.

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Subversion

Petko