[pmwiki-users] widi.d file = 0 byte

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Nov 17 09:56:39 CST 2013

I might suggest checking to see if there's a quota
limit in effect on the server.  A quota limits the
amount of space a user can use on a filesystem... with
a quota in effect the operating system can refuse to
write a file even if there's plenty of disk space available.

Petko's description of PmWiki's method for saving files
is spot-on accurate... in normal operation PmWiki ensures
that it has successfully saved an updated version of a page
before deleting the old.  If you're ending up with empty
files in wiki.d, it's most likely because something in the
operating system or filesystem isn't setup properly or is
causing it to not actually save files to disk.

Pm