[pmwiki-users] widi.d file = 0 byte

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 13:26:50 CST 2013

On Nov 16, 2013, at 12:58 PM, marc-alexis morelle <marc.alexis.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 04/11/2013 15:01, marc-alexis morelle a écrit :
>> some news about those zero files :
>
> A come back of this problem... :-)
>
> an edit of a pmwiki page just produces the same error, with a zero byte file (empty) and the file renamed "PageName,new".
>
> I am the person how encounterd the problem so i copied the error message :
>
> Warning: fopen(wiki.d/Adiu.Exergue,new) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Input/output error in /a/pmwiki.php on line 981
>
> Maybe another problem on online servers can help to explain ? Php sessions are impossible... and editing a page ask the password twice.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> marc
> --
> http://www.malexism.org/

Marc,

I can’t think what would cause this under normal conditions. You may be write about a misconfiguration someplace.

Do double check file and directory permissions.

The only other thing I can see for you to try is start commenting out cookbook recipes in your config.php file and see if by chance it should start working. And don’t forget about per-group and per-page configuration files if you have any in local/

And if that *still* does not work… humm… install pmwiki from scratch in a parallel directory and see if the vanilla installation fails.

While you’re in the midst of debugging this, do completely back up your wiki.d and uploads directories someplace safe! :)

Tamara