[pmwiki-users] Pages organization

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 18:50:18 CDT 2013

Categories <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Categories>are certainly a
way to go.

The problem <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00447>is that PmWiki does not
distinguish between tagging (categorising a page) viz [[!MyTag]] and
referring to that category viz [[Category/MyTag]],
therefore linking to a category tags the (non category) page holding the
link.

Also I have seen previous discussions about making the use of multiple
categories more friendly,
eg [[!MyTag, your tag]]

In a practical sense on a big website where we use categories (which people
only understand when I call them tags),
is that often they are mistyped (and no one notices because there is no
link formatting for an 'undefined' tag) if you use autocreate
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/EditVariables#AutoCreate>for category
pages.

Simon

PS please vote for