[pmwiki-users] Read protection not working

John Bowling johnlb2002 at cox.net
Fri Mar 8 11:36:15 CST 2013

The purpose is to not allow anyone who happens to stumble onto the site

I have created or modified the Main.HomePageAttributes (under wikilib.d) os:

version=pmwiki-2.2.30 ordered=1 urlencoded=1
charset=UTF-8
name=Main.HomePageAttributes
passwdattr=@clear
passwdedit=@clear
rev=3
time=1315674224

and similar for the groups and group.page that I want to control. I have
notices that some revert to @lock

One problem is on going to the site initially always comes up asking for
a password, regardless what appears in passwd.... in the attributes
file. Only the admin password works

On the pages I want to control, that does not happen (I have not yet set
them to use a password, leaving them @clear)

So, why initial access at Home requires a password, when identical on
pages does not?
My current local/config.php has passwords only for admin and edit. read
is there as crypt('');