[pmwiki-users] Disable scripts to speed up "read only" view (stdconfig.php)?

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Jul 2 10:46:21 CDT 2013

Petko Yotov wrote:

[...]

>> Any idea whether that's useful in terms of performance, and which
>> scripts should be disabled or kept?
>
>It will be only slightly faster to disable the scripts that are not needed:

thanks for commenting the entries!

[...]

>But what would be faster is to enable pagelist cache and HTML cache, see
>$PageCacheDir and $PageListCacheDir :
>
>  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PagelistVariables#PageListCacheDir
>  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/OtherVariables#PageCacheDir

I'm always using $PageListCacheDir, but didn't get $PageCacheDir work.
Even when SideBar and page text contained no conditionals, nothing
more than the default .htaccess was written to this directory.

Since my sidebars usually contain conditionals (submenus for the
current "group" of pages), caching HTML likely wouldn't work anyway,
so I didn't investigate this further.

I guess that conditionals in PageActions will also make caching
impossible? I disabled them with SetTmplDisplay('PageActionFmt',0);
but still no caching.

Oliver