[pmwiki-users] Default Skin and Responsive Web Design for mobile browsers

Eric Forgeot eforgeot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 05:24:14 CDT 2013

2013/6/30 John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz>

>  there is also calibre's command line interface and pandoc
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/. I did some brief experiments using
> calibre, using the html output from PublishPDF on a big html file generated
> from a pmwiki trail page.

maybe it's a bit off-topic in relation to responsive webdesign, but I
worked for some time on tools to export a pmwiki website to pdf and to epub
(I probably posted the links some time ago).

There is a catch, though, because it's not using the default pmwiki syntax,
but it's probably possible to either export the default syntax to txt2tags,
or to adapt the tools to the legit pmwiki syntax.

It must be run from the command line on the pmwiki installation (but you
can use a mirror, you do backup your pmwiki data, don't you?), and requires
LaTeX, python, some perl and bash regex and Calibre.

So for example for this RPG background (in French):
http://anamnese.online.fr/granderegion/

We can get:
- http://anamnese.online.fr/granderegion/uploads/granderegion.pdf
- http://anamnese.online.fr/granderegion/uploads/granderegion.epub

The project:
https://code.google.com/p/pmwiki-efo/

To go back to the initial topic, I'm also working on a real responsive CSS
at the moment for this project.