[pmwiki-users] cannot acquire lockfile

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Feb 11 14:38:37 CST 2013

The message appears when PmWiki is unable to create a wiki.d/.flock file,
possibly also unable to delete a previously created .flock file. If you have
such a file, please delete it and try again.

Other things to check are outlined at:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ErrorMessages#flock

Between 2.2.45 and 46 there is a change in the fixperms() function allowing
advanced admins to explicitly set permissions on newly uploaded files. I may
be wrong but I see no difference at all in the treatment of the .flock file.

Petko