[pmwiki-users] ads in PMWiki

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 17:14:49 CDT 2013

On Aug 24, 2013, at 8:45 AM, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:

> On 8/23/2013 9:30 PM, Timothy Yoo wrote:
>> I'm using the CleanSimple skin for PMWiki. Do you guys know how I can
>> integrate ads with that? I'm using Bidvertizer, and I have this block of
>> code to integrate:
> Check out $HTMLHeaderFmt, http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/LayoutVariables#HTMLHeaderFmt.
>
> So:
> $HTMLHeaderFmt['bidvertiser'] =
> '<!-- Begin BidVertiser code -->
> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.1"
> SRC="http://bdv.bidvertiser.com/BidVertiser.dbm?pid=XXXXXXX&bid=XXXXXX"
> type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
> <noscript><a
> href="http://www.bidvertiser.com/bdv/BidVertiser/bdv_xml_feed.dbm">xml
> feed</a></noscript>
> <!-- End BidVertiser code -->
> ';

Not clear what the implications are by putting body markup inside the <head></head> here. This might do better in $HTMLFooterFmt instead. OTOH - if the ad is located right where that Javascript is located, then I'd suggest a tiny bit of custom markup in local/config.php:

Markup("bidvertiser",">link","/\\(:bidvertiser (.*?) (.*?):\\)/",
  "Keep('<!-- Begin BidVertiser code -->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=\"JavaScript1.1\"
SRC=\"http://bdv.bidvertiser.com/BidVertiser.dbm?pid=$1&bid=$2\"
type=\"text/javascript\"></SCRIPT>
<noscript><a
href=\"http://www.bidvertiser.com/bdv/BidVertiser/bdv_xml_feed.dbm\">xml
feed</a></noscript>
<!-- End BidVertiser code -->')");

Then in the place you want the ad to show up, you put (:bidvertiser PIDXXX BIDXXX:) in the page text.