[pmwiki-users] Invalid Page name when editing Site.SideBar

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Oct 26 14:37:53 CDT 2012

This is not an easy one. As you have enabled diagnostics, I looked and I
don't see anything obvious that should go wrong.

The message you see only appears if the requested page name, after
normalization, doesn't match the regular expression for $GroupPattern and
$NamePattern. But yours appear the default ones, you haven't changed them so
it should work. It doesn't.

Can you edit and save another Group.SideBar page?

Do you have a custom edit form? Some skins come with an edit form different
from the default one.

If editing works but previewing and saving doesn't, then PmWiki has trouble
with the $_POST variables. Do you have in your config.php some lines or
including a recipe containing or manipulating the $_POST array?

A similar problem might also come from some incorrect setting of the Rewrite
rules of Apache.

Petko