[pmwiki-users] How do you creating one, wiki-wide, Upload Directory on Local Site, not remote site?

Wed May 16 21:11:18 CDT 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Al Louis Ripskis <ripskis at sprynet.com> wrote:
> According to PmWiki Upload Administration instructions all you suppose to do
> is put this or equivalent in you Config file::
>
> $UploadDir = "/home/foobar/public_html/uploads";
> $UploadUrlFmt = "http://example.com/~foobar/uploads";
>
> When I translate the above to my Windows XP OS needs, I come with this:
>
> $UploadDir = "C:/public_html/pmwiki/uploads";
> $UploadUrlFmt =
> "http://www.politicaltransformation.org/htdocs/pmwiki/uploads";
>
> But all this does is create another upload directory on the remote site.
> I would like to create one, site-wide directory on the local site.
> How do I do that?

Do I understand this correctly:

a) politicaltransformation.org is hosted on a remote site?
b) you are expecting the remote site to understand a path on your local machine?
c) you are further expecting the wiki software to deliver a file to a
user by cross-loading it from your local machine?

Let me know if that's the situation so I can respond.