[pmwiki-users] html5 ideo

Eric Forgeot eforgeot at gmail.com
Thu May 10 17:32:57 CDT 2012

On 10/05/2012 22:06, jdd-gmane wrote:
> Le 10/05/2012 20:17, Eric Forgeot a écrit :
>> It works for me, on the same Free.fr servers:
>
> anyway it's not on free servers :-)

oops sorry, I don't know how I made up this free.fr at the end of your URL

> what I need really is a way to default to flv/flash is the html5 is
> not supported (on my android smartphone, firefox do not work - nothing
> related to html5, and no other browser support ogv

I wanted that too, but didn't find a flash player which worked for me in
the pmwiki cookbooks (and you need a flash player, in js for example, so
annoying). HTML5 videos don't work either on my smartphone. I think the
webm format is more supported, at least on chromium, firefox and opera.
It also generally looks better than ogv. Here is my script to convert
videos into webm:

 for a in  *.your_video_extension_avi_mov_etc
 do
  ffmpeg -i $a -threads 3 -rc_lookahead 16 -level 116 -acodec libvorbis
-ac 2 -b:a 96k -ar 44100 -qmin 1 -qmax 31 -minrate 0 -maxrate 1500k
-deinterlace /tmp/fichier_$a.webm
done