[pmwiki-users] output encoding problem iso latin 1 / utf-8

a.sonderhoff at gassi-tv.de a.sonderhoff at gassi-tv.de
Thu Jul 5 07:48:20 CDT 2012

I just transferred a site from the dev to the live server and encountered a strange behavior: on one field of the farm (the main field) the encoding is perfectly as expected (utf-8, same as outputted by dev server), on the other field it is partially utf-8 (e. g. <title>) and the rest renders in iso latin 1 (dev server outputs utf-8).

differences between live and dev server (apart from deviations in apache conf) are mainly different php versions (5.3.3 on live, 5.3.13-nmm1 on dev server). is the encoding problem due to the often mentioned utf encoding function bug in earlier php versions?

my installation is running on pmwiki-2.2.37

main field: http://www.comtrans.de/de
other field: http://www.comtrans.de/en

thanks in advance for your help.

take care