[pmwiki-users] Session conflicts - how to handle this

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 6 10:44:43 CST 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 05:28:59PM +0200, Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:
> Jan Erik Moström (2012-02-06 15:57):
> > I've got a question for how to handle a session info conflict. I use
> > PmWiki for courses I teach, I usually just put up a quick
> > wiki-installation and author my course pages. These pages are run with
> > the web server as the owner of the session.
> >
> > On the same server I also have my private wiki which is run as me as
> > the owner of the session.
> >
> > The problem is that if I log in to a course site, do some editing and
> > then go my own site I get a session  error:
> > [...]
> > How do I handle this situation?
>
> This looks like a strange error to stumble upon, so my suggestion is
> probably out of band, but try setting a different session name in your
> config.php (so that your browser cookies have different names for
> different sites), for example:
>
>   # at the beginning of local/config.php of your private wiki:
>   session_name('pmwiki-private');
>
>   # at the beginning of local/config.php of your public wiki:
>   session_name('pmwiki-teaching');

Likely correct.  Having multiple pmwiki installations on a single
server makes it act just like a wiki-farm; and the sessions are
getting conflated.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords#farm  ("How come
when I switch to another wiki within a farm, I keep my same
authorization?").

Hope this helps!