[pmwiki-users] Link to last visited page

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Feb 4 08:17:25 CST 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Martin Kerz <mkerz at me.com> wrote:
> can I somehow get the $FullName of the last visited page before the current one?
>
> I would love to have something like {<$FullName} in wikitrails. Has anyone ever done this? It would be necessary for a cancel button in a jquerymobile cancel dialog.

Here's one possibility -- maybe a bit ugly because it's visible to
users who look in the address, but at least it may be a start...

You could change the link format so that every link would always
append a ?prevpage=Mygroup.Mypage and then you would have access using
the appropriate $_GET['prevpage'].

I don't remember exactly how I accomplished changing the link format
(and I don't know whether it's the best way) but when I was doing my
PageHist recipe I changed all links so that they maintained a
?asof=<date> from page to page.  You can see how I did it by checking
out pagehist.php at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageHist.

Another option would be to simply set a value in $_SESSION each time
you load a page (you'll have to figure out where that can be done in
config.php in terms of when sessions are initialized - seems like I
had some trouble finding that point during some previous work but I've
forgotten the details).  You could keep a whole list of history (last
n pages) if you wanted to...  This has the benefit of not being
visible to the user.

HTH or at least gives some ideas that may get you started...

-Peter