[pmwiki-users] LDAP authentication not working

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Dec 5 16:47:28 CST 2012

Pape, Barry writes:
> I’m trying to get PmWiki authenticating with our Active Directory server and
> seem to have hit a wall.  Whenever I enter my username and password I receive
> “Name/password not recognized.”  I’ve added the following to my config.php
> file:
>
> $AuthUser['ldap'] = 'ldap://myserver:389';

This entry should have at least a slash / after the server name; the port is
not required as 389 is the default port anyways (and AuthUser cannot
currently work with another port). So, I'd try something like this:

  $AuthUser['ldap'] = 'ldap://myserver/';

> I’ve tried many different
> permutations of the server address and have not had any success.  I can
> connect to the AD using Softerra LDAP Browser 4.5 but not PmWiki.

See also http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUserViaMicrosoftLDAP. You
may need to set the variables $AuthLDAPBindDN and $AuthLDAPBindPassword.

Petko